Benefits of Joining the Australian Institute of Company Directors
The origins of the Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD) can be traced back to the United Kingdom’s Institute of Directors, formed by Royal Charter in 1906. Branches appeared in the Australian states in the 1960s, and in 1990 these eventually merged to form the Australian Institute of Company Directors.
The AICD’s aim is to be a key influencer in the creation of world-leading governance laws and practices in Australia and a key player in achieving world-leading performance of Australian boards and directors, including the application of governance principles.
The Australian Institute of Company Directors is committed to excellence in governance. They make a positive impact on society and the economy through governance education, director development and advocacy. The membership of more than 36,000 includes directors and senior leaders from business, government and the not-for-profit sectors.
The benefits of joining the AICD include:
- Access to the Australian Directorship Course.
- Access to business growth courses.
- Access to policy and research on director issues.
- Monthly copy of the Company Director magazine.
- Access to directorship opportunities.
- Business centre and member lounge access.
- Coach and mentor connect.
- Director networking, assistance and advisory.
Business owners that aspire to create large and successful companies should complete the Australian Directorship Course and join the AICD. The access to advice, education, training and networking is a smart investment that produces results.