Digital Marketing for Accountants
Building brand awareness with a digital marketing campaign
Digital marketing uses targeted, measurable, and interactive digital channels to build brand awareness, generate and retain customers, and sell products and services. It is a holistic discipline encompassing search engine optimisation (SEO), content marketing, social media marketing, and online advertising.
The term digital marketing was coined in the 1980s, but developed its current meaning in the 2000s when the internet, search engines, and online applications grew in complexity and became prominent. The practice has since revolutionised the way businesses market and advertise goods and services.
Benefits of Digital Marketing for accountants:
- The discipline allows a business to directly target and engage with its target market in ways that are far superior to traditional forms of marketing.
- Analysis – Online analytical tools such as Google Analytics assist businesses to learn about the interests and buying behaviour of their potential and existing customers like never before. Marketers can make informed decisions and streamline campaigns accordingly.
- ‘Pull’ marketing – Digital marketing allows for both ‘pull’ and ‘push’ marketing strategies. SEO and Pay per Click (PPC) advertising can be very effective forms of ‘pull’ marketing.
- Cost – Digital marketing can be effective on a low budget, allowing small businesses to compete with multinational conglomerates. An effective digital marketing strategy can give any business a competitive advantage provided it offers an equal or superior product or service.
- PPC (Pay Per Click) advertising – A well strategized online advertising campaign can yield a high return on investment compared to traditional forms of advertising. PPC advertising allows advertisers to directly reach their target market, paying only for customers who engage with their advertised product or service.