Get a $500 lockdown payment if you live in Sydney
Don’t have access to paid leave or the Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment? You can still get a $500 lockdown payment.
If you live in a lockdown affected area in New South Wales and do not access to paid leave or other government support, you can still get $500 in lockdown payments from 1 July.
Requirements to get the payment:
- Show that you have lost income for 7 or more days.
- Live in a commonwealth hotspot.
- Be an Australian resident or hold a working visa.
- Do not have access to paid leave.
- Don’t have access to the Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment.
- Have less than $10,000 savings.
- Are over the age of 17.
Look out for more details and how to apply on https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/financial-support in the coming days.