Now is a great time to review your career or change jobs
If you are thinking about a career change but have been putting it off, now is the time to make the move. COVID-19 has changed business. Industries that were excelling before COVID are struggling. Others are thriving in the new environment. Moreover, new jobs and even new industries are being created. Businesses are going one of two ways. They are either adapting, innovating, and thriving or they are sinking or already sunk. With all this change, it is the best time to upskill and change your job or even your career.
Why would you consider changing jobs or careers?
- You have lost your job.
- You still have a job but are on JobKeeper and uncertain of what the future holds.
- You still have a job but are working fewer hours or have taken a pay cut.
- You are in an industry that struggles in a post COVID world.
- You have always wanted a change but have not made the move for whatever reason.
Now is the best time to change jobs/careers because:
- New types of jobs are available as new markets open and well-positioned industries thrive.
- Upskilling is cheap. Learning institutions are offering significant discounts in a post COVID world.
- There may not be a future in your current industry, career, or place of work.
- With some happy to sit on the now better paid JobSeeker scheme, opportunities and apprenticeships are available for those willing to learn and work hard.