Effective client communication will retain more customers than any other method. Here are five strategies that will help you communicate effectively with your clients.
- Be human – Establish a ‘human’ connection. Clients want to deal with a ‘real’ person, not a plastic fake.
- Personalise your communication styles to the client – For example, we should communicate and use different language with seniors versus teenagers.
- Use different communication channels for different clients – Facebook may be the ideal communication channel for teenagers, but less so for 80-year old retirees (who normally prefer mail).
- Prioritise quality over quantity – Personalised, useful, value-adding client communication should be the focus. Clients don’t appreciate a daily spam email trying to sell them stuff.
- Be prompt and reliable – Get back to clients quickly, and do what you said you were going to do.