Software Review – Xero Tax
Andy Asiandi, (Payneham, SA) reviews the Xero Tax software.
XERO Tax advantages:
- Free for Bronze Partners.
- Xero tax returns integrate nice and easily with the ledger software (which is important as over 900,000 Australian businesses now use XERO for their bookkeeping and payroll).
- Since 1 July, prefill available (Including Private Health Insurance).
- Ease of use, you can access it anywhere with any computer/device.
- Great report presentation.
- E-sign (at extra cost) and paperless.
XERO Tax disadvantages:
- Doesn’t have the ability to create a client whilst in the ATO prefill.
- Tax preparation is only available for 2014 – 2019 tax returns.
- Amendments can be a bit tricky and not straight forward.
- Can’t delete duplicate client (Only archived).
- Technical support only via email or message (Slow response).
- Since its cloud based, there is the risk of having your client’s data lost.
- Lack of note explanation during assessment for future reference.