Top 5 financial resolutions!
- Quit the pub – Some of us spend up to $200 on a Friday night at the pub. There were 52 Fridays in 2022 which equates to $10,400. Put that money into a savings account earning 5% interest and you’ll walk away with $72,286 in just 5 years!
- Time to budget – We all know that budgeting is the first step to future wealth so why not start the year off with a budgeting bang? Here is a simple and easy to use budget planner from Moneysmart.gov.au.
- Dust off your running shoes – You may be wondering what exercise has to do with financial success. The first step to success is to take care of your body and mind. Exercise does wonders for both. As a bonus, running, swimming, or cycling is free. Stop paying for that expensive gym membership you never use.
- Pay off your credit card – The average interest rate for a credit card in Australia is 12%. If you owe $2,000 on your credit card and are only making the minimum repayments, it will take you 12 years to pay off your balance, paying an extra 1,373 on top of what you currently owe.
- Uninstall Uber Eats – How many times do you order food delivery per week? Takeout is never healthy and it’s not doing your wallet any favours either. Let’s say you only spend $60 per week on takeout, a very modest amount. If that were in a savings account, after 5 years you’d have a healthy gut and an extra $17,759 in the bank.