Upskill while employed
Don’t wait until your out of work to upskill. Speak to your current employer about paying for you to upskill right now.
Benefits of upskilling while employed:
- Employers want to upskill their workforce and might pay for you to upskill.
- Initiating the process allows you to choose the skills that you want to learn or improve.
- You will increase your employability should you lose your current position.
- Your current employee will be more likely to give you a promotion or raise with an improved skill set.
Implementation and cost
- Find a TAFE, or university, industry, or online course that will remove roadblocks to promotion in your current employment and make you more competitive in an evolving marketplace.
- Pitch the idea to your employer, demonstrating how it will make you a better asset within the organisation.