Grow your accounting practice by helping your clients during COVID-19
To grow your practice, maximimise opportunities and help clients, you must do five things as accountants:
- Increase client communication. Send every business client details on the Government’s Tax Stimulus Package. You need to be staying in touch with clients and sending them useful/relevant information, and offering services where you can help.
- Offer clients (individuals and businesses) different methods of servicing. All clients should be advised that instead of face to face appointments, you can provide video conferencing. This is in addition to face to face, phone calls, and emails.
- Be proactive and call your top 20 business clients. Ask them how they are coping, anything you can help with, and do they understand the Government Tax Stimulus Package.
- Continue operating business as usual as much as you can, life needs to go on. The coronavirus will not be over in a couple of weeks or a month. The Government is talking 3, 6, 9 months or a year. We all need to carry on.
- Offer business clients assistance with managing their business (i.e. the value-added services). Businesses need essential compliance services, of course, but just as importantly, need your help in ensuring their businesses survive and prosper.